Recently, I took a trip to Mood Fabrics NYC to purchase some designer fabrics. Mood Fabrics is one of my favorite fabric stores. I enjoy the in store experience, where I can see and touch the material. Fabrics usually feel and look different in person. There has been occasion when I have been in a fabric store for four or more hours. One minute I am looking through patterns, next at material and before I know it the time has flown by and I am still in the fabric store. It is also a great idea to go to the store with a project design in mind, to help streamline the process.
Listed below are a few fabric stores in NYC to check out, which have a large selection of fabrics. The stores vary in price range, climate and fabric choice. I am certain that once you visit the stores, you will find your best fit.
Fabric Stores NYC
Mood Fabrics – 225 West 37th Street – New York City, 10018
- Offers a plethora of diverse fabrics
- Friendly environment
- Prices range from mid to expensive
- Seen on TV show Project Runway
BJ Fabrics – 525 Seventh Ave. – New York City, 10018
- Inspiring Fabric Displays
- Nice assortment of fabric
- Great for textiles for your home
- Price Range Mid to Expensive
Ebad Fabrics – 550 8th Ave. – New York City, 10018
- Hidden Gem between 37th & 38th Street
- Small Store with friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Prices are reasonable and you might be able to barter for a good price
- Speciality fabrics, linings, satin and more
There is a plethora of textiles stores and fabric resources in the Garment District in NYC. After shopping for fabrics, visit Workroom Social in Brooklyn, New York City, they offer sewing classes for adults with a cool, fun environment. Check out a post I wrote about my Mood Fabrics Shopping Experience . Let’s connect on instagram @kwhitecollection.
What are your favorite fabric stores to visit in NYC?